Isn’t Hummus just one of the best healthy snacks? It makes the perfect dip for all your favorite fresh veggies, it makes such a delicious spread on sandwiches or wraps, and it also makes such a great addition to different bowls (like buddha bowls and shawarma bowls).
This recipe has been my go to hummus for years. It has the perfect ratio of ingredients, it couldn’t be easier, and it only takes 10 minutes to make!
The Best Hummus Recipe
This is the best hummus I’ve tried! It calls for simple ingredients and a simple method but it’s always my favorite.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
And there’s no peeling chick peas. Just a generous time in the food processor to whip it up nice and fluffy and really puree it well.
It’s creamy, it’s rich, it’s tangy and it has such a delicious flavor from the tahini. You can’t go wrong with this hummus!
Ingredients for Hummus
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste and paprika to taste
Equipment Needed for Hummus
- You’ll need a standard size food processor (something around 7 cup capacity) fitted with a sharp steel blade. A dull blade won’t give very great results.
How to Make Hummus
- To a food processor you’ll add chick peas, 2 Tbsp liquid from chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and cumin. Season with salt to taste (I use about 1/2 tsp).
- Process the mixture for 5 minutes while stopping and scraping the sides once through mixing, and adding additional liquid from chick peas to thin as needed.
- Plate and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Store in refrigerator.
- Note that the dip thickens up once chilled, thin with more liquid as desired.
Tips for the Perfect Hummus Every Time
- Measure the ingredients that way it will have a consistent flavor.
- Use the water from the can of chick peas (not tap or bottled water), this helps make the hummus fluffy because did you know this stuff whips up like cream does?
- Use good guality ingredients and stick with fresh lemon juice not anything from a bottle.
- Watch out for rancid tahini. If it’s gone bad it will have a strong sharp unpleasant flavor and can ruin the hummus.
- This is the perfect ratio in my opinion but if you like a little more tahini or garlic feel free to add some for a strong flavor.
- Let it blenddddd. 5 minutes in the food processor really allows it time to puree the chickpeas and whip it up nice and fluffy.
How to Make Baked Pita Chips
One of my favorite things to serve with this hummus are fresh baked pita chips. Here’s how to make them.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush 4 pita bread rounds with olive oil (you’ll need about 1/4 cup total) then stack and cut into wedges (like cutting a pizza).
- Transfer to an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Spread across baking sheet.
- Bake about 4 – 6 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool, store in an airtight container.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma
- Buddha Bowls
- Greek Salad
- Greek Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki
- Greek Pasta Salad
Did you make this recipe? Leave a review.
This is how you make the perfect light and fluffy hummus every time! Simple ingredients, super easy method and perfectly delicious end results every time.